How to pass / convert file names?

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Tue Jul 26 18:13:38 CDT 2005

Christian Britz wrote:

> Stefan Dösinger wrote:

>> I've also written a small C program which scans the registry and
>> creates .desktop files for each mime type found. I've sent a first alpha
>> version to this list late June. With these .desktop files in place you can
>> just click on the files in Konqueror or (I think so, but didn't test) the
>> Gnome Equivalent and they will open.
>
> This sounds interesting to me. I will be pleased to test your program
> with Nautilus (the Gnome equivalent to Konqueror). I will search for
> your submission on the ML archives, if you have a newer version please
> tell me how to get it.

Compiled and works fine with KDE (didn't have to change the directory
permission as you wrote).

I didn't figure out how to use these .desktop files with gnome but that
is not so important because you can easily adjust the mime type settings
manually ("open with" -> winestart in file properties).

Regards
Christian