Benchmark's on the Wiki

Felix Nawothnig felix.nawothnig at t-online.de
Sat Jul 30 08:57:17 CDT 2005

Tom Wickline wrote:
>>>I'm not finished, but I thought I would ask if this going in the right
>>>direction?
>>>http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark
>>Much better, although Windows should really be on the left side.
> Why? its Wine against XP ... not XP against Wine.

Maybe it's just me (no it's not, someone else in this thread also
suggested it ;) but when I looked at it I really expected XP being on
the left side.

This is probably caused by the third column - a green +42% looks like
the expected increase when switching from Windows to Wine for me.

Another explanation would be that we are reimplementing the Windows API
- first there was Windows, then Wine was written.

I'd also like to note that this (Windows, Wine) is the same order as
used on test.winehq.com:

95,98,ME => NT3,NT4,2K,XP,2K3 => Wine

(consider that this chronology is in terms of popularity with the
families grouped afterwards).

It also implies that Wine will take over the world one day. :-)

Felix