LoadString problems

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:21:45 CDT 2005

On 7/30/05, Hans Leidekker <hans at it.vu.nl> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 09:06, James Hawkins wrote:
>
> >    LoadStringA(NULL, IDS_CONTENTS, text, MAX_PATH);
>
> MSDN documents the use of GetModuleHandle(NULL) as the first
> argument to LoadString to get resource strings from the current
> module. Maybe passing NULL is an undocumented synonym for it that
> Wine doesn't implement? yet?

Actuall wine implements that feature, but it doesn't help because
calling LoadString(GetModuleHandle(NULL)...) doesn't work either.
What I'll end up doing is saving   a global hhctrl hinstance in
DllMain and using that, though it confuses me why
GetModuleHandle(NULL) doesn't work.  Maybe that only returns the
hinstance of the process calling the module, and not the hinstance of
the module itself.

--
James Hawkins