Wine does not build.

gslink gslink at one.net
Fri Jun 3 09:53:56 CDT 2005

Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 08:10 -0400, gslink wrote:
>
>>There were a number of update rpms recently posted for gcc.  One way to
>>cause this problem is to omit loading one of them.  This happened to me
>>and I believe that one of the updates was not posted with the others.
>>All the updates are there now.  The easiest way to check for this
>>problem is to set up a kernel source.  If that shows errors when you run
>>rpmbuild  then this is the likely cause.
>

> # rpm -qa|grep gcc
> libgcc-4.0.0-9
> gcc-4.0.0-9
> gcc-c++-4.0.0-9
> gcc-java-4.0.0-9
>
> yum reports no new packages..
>
> -HK

What got me were the several update packages for gcc 3.  For some reason
some of these had to be loaded first before loading the 4 packages.
This makes no sense but until I went back and loaded all the 3 updates
and then the 4 updates I could not compile a kernel or Wine.  That fixed
all the problems.  It shouldn't have.