Google "Summer of Code"

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:34:03 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn said:
We need more people working on app compatibility! :) Maybe we can choose
some apps that are "nearly there" and get people to solve the last few
bugs or alternatively make one of the projects "Bring any 3 apps up to
Gold status in the appdb".

Stefan Dösinger said:
I've a few app suggestions:
Half-Life 1 (+Mods like Counter-Strike)
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast
Warcraft III
Microsoft Visual Basic
Microsoft Visual C++
UltraISO
Quicktime player
Anno 1602

I am a super maintainer for Warcraft III.  I *know* everything that
needs to be fixed.  In fact, I have been working on it for a long
time.  I just need a little more motivation to get the last major
issues fixed.

Now here's the deal.  I need something to do this summer, and my job
at IBM may be going away.  I'm also a student at a local college here,
and have been itching to do something.  I've helped wine a bit before
so I'm not a total new-comer.  I know C, but can use more practice.

So I'm willing to work to get three applications to gold status.  Jedi
Acadamy is probably doable as well, from what I've seen.  But if
anyone has suggestions I'm willing to look.  I could help Ivan to get
Safedisc to work too.  So maybe if I can get a list of goals to reach,
I will apply for it.

Jesse