Google "Summer of Code"

Robert Shearman rob at
Fri Jun 3 19:02:34 CDT 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:26:48 -0700, Jesse Allen wrote:
>>Do we know how this game "detects" a debugger?  So if I make a TODO
>>list for this game, I should concentrate on getting InstallShield
>>running for it?
>No, we're dealing with InstallShield. Focus on apps or games that have
>non-installer related problems even if you need native DCOM to get them
>installed for now.

No one should feel that they can't hack on InstallShield. However, if
anyone has an InstallShield installer that doesn't work they send me
links to free demos and I will do my best to get them installing. If
there isn't a free demo, then you can also email me compressed
"+ole,+tid" logs and I will look at them too and advise on the problem
if I can. Having said that, I don't promise that I will get your
InstallShield installer working next week or even next month, but it is
a long term goal of mine and CodeWeavers that every game or application
should install.

Rob Shearman