ViaVoice (98) in Wine

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Mon Jun 6 02:33:30 CDT 2005

I had similar probs with Dragon Naturally Speaking.

The GUI setup method kept complaining. I was able to get around one issue
by finding the utility that did the setup (gentrain.exe) and running that
under wine directly. That fixed that one nicely.

I would stay with ALSA plus oss-emulation on your linux system.

I would favour a clean VV setup on wine rather than copying the whole lot
because there will inevitably be some filenames , device names , reg
settings etc that are not there on you wine installation.

If you know you have working audio capture as you say, try to find
something in the ini files and trick it into thinking you have run the
setup.

HTH , keep us posted.