ViaVoice (98) in Wine

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Mon Jun 6 13:59:42 CDT 2005

I got NS v4 to work pretty much as effectively as it does under win98.
That's to say pretty good but not great.

> =V5 is much better at speach rec. , I have got it to install correctly
> but the training is now integrated and I have not found a work around
> like I did for v4

I put the project on hold because I had more important things demanding my
time but I intend to come back to this because NS 5/6/7 is really
effective and I want this on Linux.

It will not magically work integrated with other software as it does on
windows but the principal function of being able to dictate into it
"dragonpad" text editor is the main hurdle and it works.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems each wine program is a completely
separate thread so I dont see a likelyhood of off-the-shelf interprocess
communtication like under windows.

However, it should be possible to grab the output going to dragonpad and
pipe it to input of another linux prog. I did dabble with it enought to
convince myself it was possible but no more.

Hopefully that covers Rene's qu as well

Regards.