Work being done at the File Creation Interface of Cabinet.DLL

Gerold J. Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 09:22:06 CDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 13:19, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:01:47 +0200, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:
> > I just want to let you know that I'm working at the FCI functions of
> > CABINET.DLL
>
> Woohoo! Go Gerold! Let us know how it goes, maybe use a Wiki page if the
> work is going to take a long time.
>
> thanks -mike

I don't know if it's worth a WIKI page. Those of you who want to know how far
I've progressed or better how much has to be done yet, here is a short
summary:

There is still some work to be done:

- only support for little endian machines
- the ERF error structure aren't used on error
- no real compression yet
- unknown behavoir if files>4GB or cabinet >4GB
- incorrect status information

There are bugs to be fixed in conjunction with spanning cabinets:

- set special iFolder values at spanned folders correctly
- don't save all CFFILE sections on a spanning folder,
  but only the spanned ones
- on split CFDATA sections: set number of uncompressed bytes correctly
- on spanning folders the last call to FCIAddFile should call some
  code which curently seems to be called later (when FCIFlushCabinet is
called)