config check for videodev.h

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 09:34:33 CDT 2005

Replying to you both..

Adrian wrote:
> The following patch fixes it for me, but I have little knowledge of
> autoconf, so I'm not sure if I've done the right thing?

That looks correct to me..

Dustin wrote:
> I don't think that would be appropriate, as systems that have
> sys/time.h may not always have sys/types.h ..

Actually, during the configure check, HAVE_SYS_TYPES will not be defined.
He's really only checking for the presence of <linux/videodev.h>, so on
systems that don't have <sys/types.h>, <linux/videodev.h> won't exist
either (it's always present on Linux.)  So if the configure check fails
for either reason, HAVE_LINUX_VIDEODEV won't be defined--and that's what
he wants.

--Juan