ViaVoice (98) in Wine

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 8 15:37:03 CDT 2005

René Rebe wrote:

>Hi,
>
>my NaturallySpeaking 8 does (after installing IE) not really start to install:
>
>err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
>{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
>err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
>{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
>
>err:ole:proxy_manager_create_ifproxy Could not get IPSFactoryBuffer for
>interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}, error 0x80040155
>err:ole:CoUnmarshalInterface IMarshal::UnmarshalInterface failed, 0x80040155
>
>and a dialog is displayed:
>
>The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched. (0x80040155)
>
>Google had some hits - but no real solution.

The problem is that COM can't find a registered IPSFactoryBuffer for the
IRemUnknown interface. The settings are stored in the registry and
should be there after registering the DLL. The solution is to run
"regsvr32 ole32". This is done automatically for any Wine installed in
the last 4 months or so.

--
Rob Shearman