ViaVoice (98) in Wine

René Rebe rene at
Wed Jun 8 16:05:12 CDT 2005

> > Ouhm - now there was some better google hit:
> What about this one:

That does not give the solution - does it?

> Your wine installation is not upgraded to the newest state ;)

Well - I used 20041201 to get IE installed (needed for the NS installer). And
updated again - but I did not run:

> Please run "wineprefixcreate" and then the above setup.exe again.

Now if I would find out why the setup.exe does want to install a USB stack
that does not like to install ... - under the crossover demo the USB stack
installer does not come up - however the installation does abort there
quickly too with:

Error applying transforms.  Verify that the specified transform paths are

But my hope is that this migh not happen with latest wine ... - maybe I'm a
bit too optmistic here - and I need to get this usb stack installation
avoided in one way or another first ... :-(

René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            +49 (0)30  255 897 45