config check for videodev.h

Adrian Harvey ajharvey at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 9 05:26:56 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 07:34 -0700, Juan Lang wrote:
> Replying to you both..
>
> Adrian wrote:
> > The following patch fixes it for me, but I have little knowledge of
> > autoconf, so I'm not sure if I've done the right thing?
>
> That looks correct to me..
>
> Dustin wrote:
> > I don't think that would be appropriate, as systems that have
> > sys/time.h may not always have sys/types.h ..
>
> Actually, during the configure check, HAVE_SYS_TYPES will not be defined.
> He's really only checking for the presence of <linux/videodev.h>, so on
> systems that don't have <sys/types.h>, <linux/videodev.h> won't exist
> either (it's always present on Linux.)  So if the configure check fails
> for either reason, HAVE_LINUX_VIDEODEV won't be defined--and that's what
> he wants.
>
> --Juan

Looking at the (failed) test code generated by configure (in config.log)
HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H appears to be defined, so I guess these must be
cumulatively added as configure works through the tests.  So I'll work
up something like Dustin's suggestion (as the safest and most generic
possible) into a patch and send it to wine-patches.  Do I need to do
anything special for a configure.ac patch - does Alexandre re-run
autoconf on commit, or do I need to do that and include the patch to
configure too?

Thanks for your advice,
	Adrian