Another day, another compile error.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jun 9 20:35:05 CDT 2005

Hans wrote:
> dialog.c:516: internal compiler error: in gimple_add_tmp_var, at gimplify.c:532
>
> I am running Fedora Core 4 Test3 with gcc-4.0.0-11 ...
>
> The preprocessed source is an 1MB file, so I will send it to
> anyone that request it via direct email.

You might try seeing whether gcc-4.0.1-rc1
still fails. See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-06/msg00270.html
gcc's quite easy to build from sources.

If rc1 still crashes on that source,
please offer your preprocessed source to the folks at
http://gcc.gnu.org/PR20103
who are fixing what might be a related problem.

(Or better yet, verify you can repeat the problem with
just the preprocessed source, then remove every part
of the source you can while still causing the crash.
Once you've whittled it down to under 1000 lines,
the gcc developers will be very happy to see it.)

Thanks!
- Dan