Soliciting suggestions for AppDB

Mitchell Mebane mmebane at ev1.net
Thu Jun 9 17:43:00 CDT 2005

Scott Ritchie wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 19:32 -0500, Mitchell Mebane wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm putting together a Summer of Code proposal for working on the
>>AppDB. I've been talking with Chris Morgan, and he has a few
>>suggestions, but I was looking for more. Does anybody have any
>>features they'd like added to the AppDB, quirks they'd like worked
>>out, or things of that nature?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mitchell Mebane
>>--
>>The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
>>--Aristotle
>>

>For best results, integrate it with Bugzilla.  I should be able to go to
>an application in AppDB, fill out a form that says "bugs affecting this
>application" and that should then link me to those bugzilla bugs.

Good idea. I think I could handle that.

>Bonus points for doing it in reverse.  That way we can sorta prioritize
>what bugs we hunt after (if we're in a bug-hunting rather than
>particular app mood - particularly important as we try and stabilize
>Wine to end regressions for maintained apps).  I have a suspicion it'll
>invite fans of a particular app to participate as well (since they'll
>have a specific bug to try and tackle).
>
>Thanks,
>Scott Ritchie
>

>.

Now that one is tougher. Mostly because I know absolutely no Perl.

I'm not too terribly familiar with BugZilla, but might it work to add
each app as a BugZilla bug, then set the other bugs as blockers? That
way I could do it by having the AppDB interface with the BugZilla DB,
instead of having to modify BugZilla itself.

--Mitchell Mebane