Could not load c:\windows\system\opengl32.dll Wine 20050524

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Jun 12 13:23:45 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:00:14AM +0100, J. Grant wrote:
> Could the important wine config such as this be clearly stated in the
> output when it is the cause of a fault like this please? (If there is a
> sane way to do it.. such as seeing the opengl32.dll does not exist before
> the software fails?)

Well, this is a 'feature' in the Debian packaging and I wonder why Wine
should do something special just to work around some policy in the Debian
world.

And even if Debian shipped the OpenGL32.dll from Wine, it would still fail
if the user did not install any GL library on his box...

The question is simply how much fool-proofing we should put in the Wine code
to work around basic stuff like that.

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/