[QUARTZ] Add FFMpeg video wrapper filter (take 3)

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 14 06:49:59 CDT 2005

> Message du 14/06/05 13:24
> De : "Marcus Meissner"
> A : "Christian Costa"
> Copie à : "Marcus Meissner" , "Alexandre Julliard" , "Brian Vincent" , wine-devel at winehq.com
> Objet : Re: [QUARTZ] Add FFMpeg video wrapper filter (take 3)
>
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:05:37PM +0200, Christian Costa wrote:
> >
> > What do you mean by dlls?
> > A shared version of libavcodec or a quartz.dll with libavcodec linked statically?
>
> I meant seperate DLLs (dll.so files for WINE actually).
>
> Is all needed to be in quartz.dll directly?
>
> Or can you split off parts into quartz_codec1.dll , q_codec2.dll or
> similar?

Since filters are COM objects, we can embed them in separate dlls but this
would kill the concept of a generic libavcodec wrapper.
And anyway this will not help us that much because the libavcodec is a big
one peace of code and this would require to rewrite the building system to
split codecs.

Bye,
Christian