[QUARTZ] Add FFMpeg video wrapper filter (take 3)

Marcus Meissner meissner at suse.de
Tue Jun 14 08:43:39 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:49:59PM +0200, Christian Costa wrote:

> > Message du 14/06/05 13:24
> > De : "Marcus Meissner"
> > A : "Christian Costa"
> > Copie à : "Marcus Meissner" , "Alexandre Julliard" , "Brian Vincent" , wine-devel at winehq.com
> > Objet : Re: [QUARTZ] Add FFMpeg video wrapper filter (take 3)
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:05:37PM +0200, Christian Costa wrote:
> > >
> > > What do you mean by dlls?
> > > A shared version of libavcodec or a quartz.dll with libavcodec linked statically?
> >
> > I meant seperate DLLs (dll.so files for WINE actually).
> >
> > Is all needed to be in quartz.dll directly?
> >
> > Or can you split off parts into quartz_codec1.dll , q_codec2.dll or
> > similar?
> >

> Since filters are COM objects, we can embed them in separate dlls but this
> would kill the concept of a generic libavcodec wrapper.
> And anyway this will not help us that much because the libavcodec is a big
> one peace of code and this would require to rewrite the building system to
> split codecs.

What I think of is putting all codecs that can benefit from libavcodec
into a wine-quartz-avcoded.rpm which contains one (1) q_avcodec.dll which can
register all these filters.

So just 1 add-on RPM to install additionaly.

Since this can be provided by external contributors a distributor would not
have to worry about libavcoded related problems.

Ciao, Marcus