SetThreadPriority??

Aneurin Price aneurin.price at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 05:00:27 CDT 2005

Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> has ANYONE done any testing with my experimental SetThreadPriority patch
> which I mailed on May 15?
> So far I haven't received any replies, despite this probably being rather
> interesting, given that it is implemented by many of our winmm threads...
>
> Or should this remain untested until I will have a sizeable amount of
> time for testing myself during LinuxTag?
>
> Andreas Mohr

I've just tried this out. First I had to define SCHED_BATCH and
SCHED_ISO, just to get anywhere, but ultimately it fails because it
relies on getting the value of thread->unix_tid and/or thread->unix_pid.
Unfortunately, these never seem to be set after being initialised to -1
(in fact, in a very quick grep of Wine I could only find one or two
assignments involving either of them, and that was just copying the
value from another thread).
To be honest I have no idea where to go from here.