hello world

cdr cedar at 3web.net
Thu Jun 16 10:51:17 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
> From: "cdr" <cedar at 3web.net>
>
>>Mkefile generated by winemaker creates type.exe.so; where I
>>would expect either type.exe or simply type. What am I missing?
>

> Is the Makefile using winegcc to compile the app?
> If so, you should get 'type' as the executable.

Yes. ("type.c" is a simple program from Petzold's book).
pertinent (I believe) lines from Makefile are:

..
EXES                  = type.exe
..
type_exe_MODULE       = type.exe
..
### Generic targets

all: $(SUBDIRS) $(DLLS:%=%.so) $(EXES:%=%.so)
$(type_exe_MODULE).so: $(type_exe_MODULE).dbg.o $(type_exe_OBJS)
	$(CC) $(type_exe_LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(type_exe_OBJS) $(type_exe_MODULE).dbg.o $(type_exe_LIBRARY_PATH) $(DEFLIB) $(type_exe_DLLS:%=-l%) $(type_exe_LIBRARIES:%=-l%)

(as if winemaker assumes I am trying to buils a shared library?)

In any case, tahnk you very much for your help
cedar