hello world

cdr cedar at 3web.net
Thu Jun 16 12:04:32 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:

 > That's fine it's supposed to do so. But it's also supposed to
 > create a 'type' executable too (a batch file really).

This is where I was (obviously) confused, all I can say
in my defence is that Winelib User's Guide in "Getting started"
implies that:

(...
  You are done! Now you can start the application as ./notepad2
...)

And there is no mention of script that runs ...so - so I was
expecting self-contained Linux binary.

 > That's all fine. You should get type.exe.so (correct, we need that)
 > and a type executable that basically does
 >
 > wine type.exe.so

I take it that means all winelib-ported apps are NOT true linux
binaries - but some half-breed between win32 binaries and Linux
binaries? What is then the advantage of porting (using winelib)
as opposed to running win32 binaries under wine?

Thank you very much for your help.

cedar