Translate the WineFAQ to French

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Jun 17 14:10:59 CDT 2005

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> I brought this up before, but what about converting to XML and just
> using the XML doc tools that come much more commonly these days?  We
> wouldn't need to bundle anything weird then, either.  IIRC, the sgml
> files are almost exactly the same as XML files, it shouldn't be too much
> effort to switch.

Interestingly Po4a does not use a 'real' XML parser like XML::DOM or
other similar perl module. So switching to XML could actually reduce

However this would force us to switch to using Po4a's XML module which
currently has trouble dealing with included files. There's a hack to
workaround this issue but I'm not quite sure how it works.

Also in either case we need to deal with the Text::WrapI18N and
Term::ReadKey dependencies (my next targets).

So I think it's better to continue with what we have. But if you want
you can fix the Po4a XML issues to prepare the switch to XML.

Francois Gouget
fgouget at