Possible regressions in IE6 SP1 install

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Fri Jun 17 22:09:39 CDT 2005

Hello all,
I've noticed some problems installing Internet Explorer 6 SP1 with any
version of WINE newer than 20050310, and that includes CVS as of
yesterday. Apparently, I'm not the only one; many other are also having
issues with 20050419 and 20050524. With my current setup, I get this
error repeatedly at 81% during installation:

fixme:thunk:__regs_CommonUnimpStub generic stub: ?

It keeps looping like that on and on forever, and the install never
finishes, but the UI stays responsive. I've had many issues installing
IE in the past, but nothing like this. Can anyone give me any leads as
to what might cause this? If it might help, I've applied Oliver
Stieber's latest DX9 patch, and have tried both Wine Tools and Sidenet.

Thanks very much,
James Liggett