MSN Messenger builtin progress

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 14:31:32 CDT 2005

Krzysztof Foltman schreef:

> Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>
>> Ah ok, it would have been a nice project for summer of code,
>> unfortunately i never applied for it, else I'd try to get it working..
>

> Yes, that's a potentially nice "sponsorable" project.
>
>> as far as i can tell only msn uses it anyway
>

> Hah, another obscure API nobody outside Microsoft ever bothered to
> use? That's kind of unfortunate - but do we have a license to run MSN
> without Windows anyway? :) If we don't, then using standard
> riched20.dll seems to be a viable option.
>
> Krzysztof

Always CC to wine-devel if related

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322092

According to that, Msi will install riched20.dll, if there is none
detected. Since they include it on their office cd's, I can safely
presume it is perfectly legal to install riched20.dll, so it doesn't
look like there could be a legal issue.