Possible regressions in IE6 SP1 install

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sun Jun 19 13:56:36 CDT 2005

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried this already, and it doesn't seem to
work. I tried setting all dlls for ie6setup.exe to builtin, and while I
got more fixme's than normal, the problem still didn't go away. Here's
the config file I'm using:

WINE REGISTRY Version 2
;; All keys relative to \\Machine\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config

;; If you think it is necessary to show others your complete config for
;; bug report, filter out empty lines and comments with
;; grep -v "^;" ~/.wine/config | grep '.'

[wine]
"ShowDirSymlinks" = "1"
"ShowDotFiles" = "1"

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate
(win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win98"
; DOS version to imitate
"DOS" = "6.22"

;; For running Internet Explorer 6, Service Pack 1
;[AppDefaults\\iexplore.exe\\Version]
;"Windows" = "win98"

[DllOverrides]
"*" = "builtin"

I've modified the config file that's given in the how-to at
franksconrner.org to use all builtin dlls, but I still see the problem.
By the way, what is a thunk, anyway? I've been programming in Win32 for
years and have never really come across them.

Thanks a lot,
James