Wine's Registry

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sun Jun 19 14:20:10 CDT 2005

Hi Brad,
I've been following you discussion about wine's registry format, and I
find it interesting. I gave it some thought, I have have an idea. Have
you thought about using XML as a potential format? Since the registry is
a non-relational tree database, this seems to fit quite well. Plus,
there's a few libraries that would do the dirty work for us (libxml,
expat, many others, name your pick). It could even be possible to
modularize the registry using technologies like XInclude or XLink. Just
thought I'd offer my two cents.

Regards,
James Liggett