Guild Wars

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 20 12:44:30 CDT 2005

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 04:38:25PM -0500, Robert Shearman wrote:
>

>>This is fixed by patch OLE #81a (Part 1) if it gets committed.
>>It will then output:
>>err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a65b8071-3bfe-4213-9a5b-491da4461ca7}
>>not registered
>>

>Wow, that was FAST! (hmm, or was your patch before my mail? don't remember)
>
>It's only a semi-fix, though, since IMHO it should output something like:
>err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {a65b8071-3bfe-4213-9a5b-491da4461ca7}
>not registered - try running regsvr32 on the container DLL of this CLSID value!

If they have enough expertise to know that the CLSID is that of a DXDiag
object then I think they will know that they can register it by using
regsvr32 and I don't think this is the right place for documenting the
possible reasons for the error. However, this particular problem was
that the user didn't re-register all of the DLLs after upgrading. Maybe
we should have something in the docs that tells the user to do this
after upgrading to a new version of Wine or have it done automatically
somehow.

--
Rob Shearman