Change Name of "Wine Marlett" Font

Robert Shearman rob at
Mon Jun 20 13:37:45 CDT 2005

Huw D M Davies wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:10:11PM -0500, Robert Shearman wrote:
>>The "Wine Marlett" font needs to be called "Marlett" for Steam to pick
>>it up.
>The font replacement mechanism should make this unnecessary.  Why
>doesn't that work in this case?

It enumerates the fonts, but Marlett isn't enumerated, only "Wine
Marlett." I tried adding a value in the FontSubstitutes and Fonts
registry keys and the problem was the same. You can test this very
easily using notepad's Edit->Font dialog. Steam only started working
when Marlett was listed as a font in there.

Rob Shearman