Change Name of "Wine Marlett" Font

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at
Tue Jun 21 09:27:12 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:13:00PM +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Shearman <rob at> writes:
> > Huw D M Davies wrote:
> > >You need something like this:
> > >
> > >[HKCU\Software\Wine\Fonts\Replacements]
> > >"Marlett"="Wine Marlett"
> >
> > Thanks, that works. This patch is unnecessary.
> Except that it requires users to configure their registry
> properly... Is there really a reason to use a different name?

It would be nice to have the Windows fonts overload the Wine ones if
they're present, which is what the current scheme does.  Now, for
TrueType fonts we could set the version low enough such that the
Windows fonts would win, but there's no version associated with a .fon
font so we couldn't use that trick there.

Huw Davies
huw at