World of Warcraft

Christoph cr2005 at
Tue Jun 21 16:07:00 CDT 2005

Raphael schrieb:
> Hi,
>>To me it looks like an overoptimized geometry problem. As long there is
>>only sky and no terrain or building behind the objects, you can klick
>>them. This is mostly the case, when you look up. Just like users reported.
>>I just wrote a lousy mmap wrapper which sets start to 0x10000000 . This
>>works for me with wine 20050601 and the latest from cvs.
> Interesting
More interesting:

Gamers are playing with lib. wrapper ... just like me!
But I came to the same conclusion:

static void initialize() __attribute__ ((constructor));

static void initialize() {
	printf("Hurra !!!\n");
	// _mmap = dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "mmap");

Finaly it is the printf who does the magic and not the wrapped mmap! The
above example also worked for me. Can we still solve this problem with

But I still do believe, that blizzard will release a new patch soon :=)

>>Latest cvs raises another bug. When the wow window looses focus, it
>>minimize and maximizes again and stays on top. More worse, the graphics
>>is shifted to approx. +2+2 pixels every time. Here's the output from
>>fixme:opengl:wglQueryPbufferARB unsupported WGL_PBUFFER_LOST_ARB (need
>>glXSelectEvent/GLX_DAMAGED work)

... and this "bug" reminds me to a config option which I set to n many
years ago:

"UseTakeFocus" = "n"

Does this no more work in cvs version? I dont have another picky
application here to test. sol.exe does not have that min/max effect.