winefile: switch to UNICODE mode

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jun 22 03:36:22 CDT 2005

Martin Fuchs <fuchs.martin at gmail.com> writes:

> Sure, <tchar.h> is not designed to be used "internally" in Wine. But
> the point is,
> I would like to maintain Winefile such, that it isn't constraint to
> being used in Wine
> only. For example it is currently also present in ReactOS. The idea is to allow
> compiling it in ANSI mode for that cases, that don't provide or need
> Unicode.

There is no such case anymore, Win9x has unicows so you can use
Unicode there. And ReactOS obviously supports Unicode too.

> Win 9x systems don't provide Unicode functions. Embedded systems don't
> have available much memory resources, so they try to spare as much memory
> as possible. Currently there isn't yet a ReactOS port for such environments.
> But why not prepare for such a situation yet now?

Surely you are joking. There is no support in Wine for disabling
Unicode support, and there never will be (nor in ReactOS since it's
using our dlls). So all you can hope to gain is a couple of bytes of
storage for the strings internal to winefile, which is completely
negligible.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org