shell32: Implement SHGetPathFromIDList based on GetDisplayNameOf

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jun 23 14:57:27 CDT 2005

Hi Vitaliy,

On Thursday 23 June 2005 20:57, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> This patch broke shell ParseDisplayName (created call loop) from
> IShellFolder_ParseDisplayName to SHELL32_ParseNextElement back to
> IShellFolder_ParseDisplayName

SHELL32_ParseNextElement consumes one path component each time it's called. So
this loop should consume the path while it's looping until it eventually hits
the tail, in which case IShellFolder_ParseDisplayName won't call
SHELL32_ParseNextElement any more.

Do you have a piece of code, or an application which crashes because of this
loop? I didn't have any problems with it up to now. Would be cool if I could
have a look at the code to find the problem.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung
mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de