loop in SHGetPathFromIDList

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 24 17:23:16 CDT 2005

Hi Vitaliy,

your patch to shlfolder.c is what produces the loop. It is the line, which I
commented out below:

if (dwAttributes & FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY)
   ;//*pdwAttributes |=  (SFGAO_FOLDER | SFGAO_HASSUBFOLDER |
                         SFGAO_FILESYSANCESTOR);
else
   *pdwAttributes &= ~(SFGAO_FOLDER | SFGAO_HASSUBFOLDER |
                       SFGAO_FILESYSANCESTOR);

It works fine if the line is commented out. I don't understand at the moment
why this is the fact, but the loop seems in fact to be a problem with
SHGetPathFromIDList. I didn't figure it out tonight, but I will investigate
this further over the weekend.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung