AppDB

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Mon Jun 27 12:12:30 CDT 2005

Le lundi 27 juin 2005 à 11:24 -0500, Mitchell Mebane a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> My Summer of Code proposal to work on the AppDB wasn't accepted, but I
> still wish to do some of the things I listed.
>
> Anyway, I was looking at the code for image handling, and I see it is
> written for GD 1. Thus, any image which has to be resized gets cut
> down to 256 colors, and is simply resized instead of being resampled,
> which makes the image blocky.

GD2 code is commented because we have only a very old php version on the
server.

> According to the PHP manual, these better functions require PHP 4.0.6
> and GD 2.0.1 or higher. Is the AppDB server really running such an old
> version of PHP that this is required?

Exactly.

The nice thing is that when Jeremy will decide to upgrade php we will be
able to regenerate every screenshot because we keep the original image
as well.
--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>