Version Info on user.exe

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Mon Jun 27 17:59:01 CDT 2005

> It clearly states that no installation on a non german
> windows version is possible...
>
> It may be broken and anyways it is strange, but it does not abuse the
> windows API and I think wine should support it.

But how? The next version will check kernel32 instead to be German, and then the French will decide that their home banking software
can only run on French Windows systems and will check the same DLL or another for a french language identifier, probably not even
working with Swiss French ;-(

This is really leading nowhere. An application checking the user32.dll language identifier does check nothing at all with this. It
wouldn't even serve as a check to avoid possible problems with foreign country number format settings as you can set them to
anything in Windows Control Panel on your own.

So I think this app is simply broken in a very stupid way. If somebody wants to make this work for his Wine copy I think he needs to
hack the resources in user32 themselves.

Rolf Kalbermatter