MSCMS: testing with no support for color management

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at
Wed Jun 29 07:10:46 CDT 2005

* On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> * On Tuesday 28 June 2005 22:11, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > I want to fix this by avoiding to upgrade my liblcms and install dev-pkg.
> What version do you have? 1.09 is reported to work too, so maybe we
> should change our requirement. 1.13 is just the version I developed
> against so I was sure Wine worked with that version.

| [s2 at katleriai s2]$ ll `locate`
| lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 May 16  2004 /usr/lib/ ->
| -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       203722 Feb  3  2004 /usr/lib/

My point is not to check whether 1.0.12 version works.  I want the tests
to pass.

> > Would it be OK to put some #ifdef-s in some unimplemented function,
> > let say EnumColorProfilesA(), and to
> Well, I think Wine tests are supposed to identify Windows behavior, and
> no version of Windows does what you propose for these functions AFAIK.
> We could fail to load mscms.dll if it was compiled without lcms support,
> but then your app (or test) would fail too and as a whole.

And "make test" will fail in such case too.  Bad idea.

> In the current situation you might be able to use your app partly. Some
> tests may even succeed if the functions they test don't depend on lcms.

There is no app I am interested in.  I just want dlls/mscms/tests to pass
even w/o LittleCMS support.  Is such my target wrong?