Delays in FileOpen

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jun 30 06:18:07 CDT 2005

    Michael> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 23:36, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> File Open Dialogs for me have some noticable initial delay when
    >> starting up. For example, try in internet explorer "Save under". I
    >> don't remember seeing that delay some time before. Dif recent
    >> shfolder changes cause that delay?

    Michael> There was a problem in SHGetPathFromIDList, which caused a
    Michael> delay in the file dialogs. I hope it was fixed with this patch,
    Michael> applied at the 2005/06/25.

    Michael> http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=18448

    Michael> Does your local tree already contain this patch?

Yes, my local tree contains the patch. But my first impression was
incorrect, the delay is _not_ new. The test with ie6 where done with a
wine-200410xx setup, and "save as" shows the delay too. But also other
programs run against recent CVS wine show that initial delay until the file
selection box starts up. Do other notice that delay too? E.g. the file ->
open box from wordview97 takes several seconds on an Athlon2500. (about 500
file/directories including dot files/directory in $HOME where the file open
box starts up).

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de