[wined3d] texture interface separation.

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Tue Mar 1 18:05:59 CST 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:08:23 +0000, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> CVS integration wasn't working properly, and I keep
> getting errors like
> no depot spec at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/SVK/XD.pm line 280.

Yes, don't try and branch from CVS directly. It supports that but there
are some bugs that need to be fixed first. Instead, just maintain a CVS
checkout inside SVK with all the CVS control files as well. That's what I
do and it works OK, you can do a "cvs diff" to get a patch relative to
HEAD and an "svk diff" to get a patch relative to whatever you last
committted.

Long term a gateway is needed because it makes merging patches from HQ
into your tree without having to commit your own work much simpler. Also
parsing the Wine CVS repo takes ages because it's so huge.

> Well, in kdiff I can view the differences between two documents a and b
> , and merge/copy across the changes a, b or a and b.
>
> But where there are a lot of changes between a and b and you want to
> break up b into smaller mutually exclusive patches this isn't good
> enough, some times diff produces an almost useless diff (i.e. changes
> accrue in similar but different places) and I usually want to copy from
> b to a but with
> edithttp://svk.elixus.org/?MikeHearns.
>
> Hence viewing the merge and having two copies of kwrite open at the same
> time with the documents I want to merge.

Maybe you should check out emacs, it has some pretty powerful interactive
merge abilities that let you select particular chunks to apply, shows you
the exact parts that changed and you can edit the document at the same
time.