vartest.c - major pain in the build process

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Mar 1 19:03:13 CST 2005

"Ivan Leo Puoti" <ivanleo at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We can't really separate the tests, but still want the tests to show
> > reasonable results in order to compare behaviour with Wine and to track
> > the regressions. I don't see the point of publishing broken tests, and
> > why running tests interactively can't be made a mandatory requirement.
> It certanly should be at least an option.

In order to see what tests are affected by desktop visibility and which don't
you have to run in both modes and compare the results. Why do it twice if it
can be avoided? Right now any failure in the tests can be attributed to the
desktop visibility, and until it's fixed nobody is going to fix the tests.

Taking into account recent drastic changes in window management and the fact
they are mainly based on the test results, I don't see how you are going
to fix regressions in Wine without seeing how other Windows versions behave,
not only XP flavour Alexandre has tested on.

--
Dmitry.