World of Warcraft - crash in game

Alex Woods wine-devel at giblets.org
Wed Mar 2 10:43:11 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:07:03AM +1100, Troy Rollo wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:22, Alex Woods wrote:
> > Over the course of 13 (unlucky for me ;)) crashes, these are the only 3
> > addresses it has given.  My question is what can I do to debug [target
> > application SEGVs].
>
> I can't find any good explanation of this either. Googling for "gdb objdump
> site:winehq.org" gets nothing relevant, and "winedbg objdump" is no better,
> so it may be that nobody has written an explanation for it before.

Unfortunately, I never got to try out this method properly.  WoW has
it's own dbghelp.dll that it checks on login and that contains different
functions to wine's dbghelp.  So I got stuck there, but it's not all bad
news.

Whilst playing around trying to get some kind of lead, the sound cut out
on me whilst playing the game.  I decided to keep going, and the game
played for a surprisingly long time.  The next day I booted the game
with wine's sound drivers disabled and played for about 10 hours total
without a crash (for purely stress-test reasons you understand ;)).
I've had a chance to give it a go with the wineoss.drv.so now and that
also seems stable, so I guess the problem is in winealsa.drv.so which I
had been using.

I haven't had a chance to try to get some debug logs just for the sound
yet, but when I get the time I will.

Cheers.

--
Alex