%Fp printf format specifier

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Mar 2 12:24:33 CST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:34:23PM +0100, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_crt__heapwalk.asp
> uses a "%Fp" format spezifier. Running with native msvcrt, this seems to be
> the same as "%p". However builtin msvcrt stumbles about the "superfluous" 'F".
>
> Does anybody know what the meaning of the "F" is? I didn't find anything on
> the net. And b.t.w., how do I get Google to not ignore the '%' in a search
> for "%Fp"? And mingw/malloc.h has the definitions of _USEDENTRY and
> _FREEENTRY excahnged and misses more entries...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_format_specification_fields_.2d_.printf_and_wprintf_functions.asp
doesn't tell *anything*.

http://poli.cs.vsb.cz/c/help/alloc0.htm
has a "note the F modifier", which might hint that it is being used to indicate
a "far" pointer...

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:_wVnYKwdJh0J:icon.dyu.ac.kr/clib/farheapwalk.pdf+printf+Fp+heapwalk&hl=de
strongly suggests the same...

And
http://poli.cs.vsb.cz/c/help/alloc0.htm
as well, except that it even uses "Fs"!

Do we even have to do anything on "F"?
"far" is long gone, right? As such simply silently ignore "F", right?

Andreas Mohr