Visual C++ 6.0 as a Winelib IDE?

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Wed Mar 2 13:01:22 CST 2005

Ira Krakow wrote:

>You can set a break point, the debugger runs, and
>stops at the break point.  You can inspect and change
>variables.

This is amazing news. You should submit a little section about it for
the Winelib hackers guide. And also for the user guides as it is an
alternative to winedbg. One some people will like better. Eric, Mike 21
thumbs up :-}

I get it from the lack of an answer that MSDEV installs the regular way,
and that it is able to compile a project with output redirected into the
IDE so you can double click on errors and stuff?

>However, Step Into, Step Over, doesn't work.  If you
>try this after reaching the breakpoint, the debugging
>options are greyed out and the debugger ceases to
>function.
>
>So I guess it's some progress, but it's not totally
>there yet.

Eric, Mike can you check this out? Does pe-gdb have the same problem
with next/nexti?

>I installed dev-c++ and really like it!  The DSP
>import looks very promising - this is definitely an
>avenue I will pursue.  I also like the Visual
>Studio-like look, and the fact that it creates
>makefiles for DLLs (static and dynamic), console apps,
>and Windows GUI apps.
>
>Haven't tried gdb for Windows under Wine.  Also looks
>like a good idea.

Use it under dev-c++. Just make an hello word application put a break
point and press debug. Please do this for me I must know ...