World of Warcraft - crash in game

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Wed Mar 2 15:13:41 CST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 03:43, Alex Woods wrote:
> Unfortunately, I never got to try out this method properly.  WoW has
> it's own dbghelp.dll that it checks on login and that contains different
> functions to wine's dbghelp.  So I got stuck there, but it's not all bad
> news.

In that case you may be able to use GDB directly on the executable (without
winedbg) and attach after the app has started with
"gdb /usr/local/bin/wine-pthread process-id". The major drawback of this is
that it cannot tell the difference between a first chance exception and a
last chance exception, so if the app uses exception handling you may end up
using GDB's "pass" command a lot.