Speach rec. on Wine

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Mar 3 07:59:28 CST 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:56:48 +0100, wino wrote:
> I am trying to get Dragon Naturally Speaking to run under Wine.

Cool!

> I have got it installed successfully from CD, now I need to get it running.
> I have wine-20050111 installed , a 2.6.10 kernel and a current version of
> IE6 since Dragon apparently needs IE installed .
>
> Some advice please.

Just figure out why it thinks IE is missing and fix it.

> Is there any fundemental problems which make this a no-hoper, has anyone
> got this working so far?

I can't think of any "fundamental problems", although Dragon Naturally
Speaking has all kinds of deep Windows integration magic IIRC.

Actually - didn't IBM open source their speech recognition products last
year?

> Where should I search for detailed info on debugging something like
> this? There seems to be very little detailed help for Wine which I find
> surprising.
> Maybe I have just missed it

Well there is the developer quickstart which is useful, and the developer
guide.