Ptrace problem on amd64? (Was: Re: Warcraft III can't find cdrom)

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at
Thu Mar 3 09:04:26 CST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:22:59 +0100, Thomas Zeeman <tjzeeman at> wrote:
> OK, if 2.6.8 is supposed to work, then this is likely another problem.
> I can't get Warcraft 3 to work with 2.6.8 either. Both .8 and .10 give
> the same dialog asking for the cdrom to be inserted.

Ok.  This does not mean ptrace is not at all at fault, it's likely
that it's not the same issue.  One thing to find out is whether
windows users typically run the game in 32-bit compatibility mode.
I'd also ask on the kernel list if they know the reason why the seg
fault in the test program.  Maybe Andi or Linus will respond.