Ptrace problem on amd64? (Was: Re: Warcraft III can't find cdrom)

Thomas Zeeman tjzeeman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:05:31 CST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:13:13 -0700, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:22:59 +0100, Thomas Zeeman <tjzeeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > OK, if 2.6.8 is supposed to work, then this is likely another problem.
> > I can't get Warcraft 3 to work with 2.6.8 either. Both .8 and .10 give
> > the same dialog asking for the cdrom to be inserted.
>
> Oh do you know any kernel version that does work?

I don't know of any kernel-version that does work, but I have asked on
the debian-amd64 list and someone over there claimed succes with
warcraft 3 on amd64 but he was using cedega. Since 2.4 isn't even
shipped anymore by most amd64 distributions it must be with a 2.6
version. I'll try to get a definitive answer for that.

Thanks for the replies so far.

regards,
Thomas