ESD sound support in Wine 20050111

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Mar 4 06:14:55 CST 2005

Kumaran Santhanam wrote:
> I found a patch for ESD (Enlightenment Sound Daemon) support in Wine
> from July 2004.  I modified this to work with Wine-20050111 and compiled
> the driver.  This driver works in both Wine and CrossOver
> 4.1.  The patch and instructions are attached to this email.
> I have been using it for a few weeks and it seems to be working well. It
> would be great if it could be incorporated into the main Wine tree.

I have downloaded and tested the patch. It compiled fine and mostly
seems to work. The sound was a bit choppy though, and the DirectSound
conformance test did not work.
I did some updates to match the other sound drivers:
- removed the SB16 hacks
- Unicodified some bits

The SMPTE calculation is completely obsolete. It needs an update too...

Anyway here is the updated version. Do you get the same problems as me
when running the winmm and dsound conformance tests? Could some other
Wine developers test this?

cd dlls/winmm/tests
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 ../../../tools/runtest -P wine -M winmm.dll -T
../../.. -p wave.c

cd dlls/dsound/tests
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 ../../../tools/runtest -P wine -M dsound.dll -T
../../.. -p dsound.c

Francois Gouget
fgouget at