Drive detection stuff

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:38:00 CST 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:54:09 +0000, Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:
> So, there are 4 obvious problems with our current drive management code:
>
> 1) We add links to the floppy drive. We should blacklist it, as it causes
>    a big delay in the file open dialogs as we poll the drive which sits
>    there spinning its motors naval-gazing. How many people still use
>    floppy disks in 2005 anyway? I'm hoping the answer is "virtually none"

Me. And I've seen at least two times people use wine for those bios
flash floppy creation tools.

It's not easy to know if an entry in fstab is a floppy device. As they
are always set to 'auto' as fstype. So we have to look at the mount
point and/or device node name to blacklist it.

Currently we're actually looking at the device node name to see if
it's a floppy device.

Paul