installshield and Wine

peter at peter at
Sat Mar 5 02:14:18 CST 2005

Hi Mike ,

any progress here?

I have just updated to wine-cvs (2005 03 05  9am CET) and I see no change
in this blockage.

Installshield runs upto the point where I have selected the install
options then locks up when I click "next".
The only respone I can get is that any mouse click or key press when it
has the focus gets a beep from the pc speaker so it's not complely crashed
but something is badly wrong.

Any suggestions.

I guess I'm not alone here.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:01:13 +0000, Mike Hearn <mike at> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:12:44 +0100, wino wrote:
>> It seems that InstallShield is pretty much and essential elemet in a
>> working Wine env. But I tried to install Dragon NS 7 yesterday and it
>> hung
>> completely with a system wide modal in the middle of the scree
> I'll see if I can submit a patch to fix this later today.

Using Opera e-mail on Gentoo Linux