installshield and Wine

Mike Hearn mike at
Sat Mar 5 05:54:14 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 09:14 +0100, peter at wrote:
> Hi Mike ,
> any progress here?
> I have just updated to wine-cvs (2005 03 05  9am CET) and I see no change
> in this blockage.
> Installshield runs upto the point where I have selected the install
> options then locks up when I click "next".
> The only respone I can get is that any mouse click or key press when it
> has the focus gets a beep from the pc speaker so it's not complely crashed
> but something is badly wrong.

AJ hasn't committed the patch I sent in yet. When he does it won't hang
anymore (but I'm seeing other problems). Fortunately Jeremy is going to
lock Rob in a room until InstallShield works shortly, which is good
because I don't have any spare time to work on this right now
(university sucking ...)

thanks -mike